We are a coding bootcamp that is reshaping the way people learn to code, and we need your help in growing it across Canada.
You are an ambitious marketer who is passionate about technology and the way it is changing education. You bring in a knack and love for writing, a high level of creativity and attention to detail. You love startups, can wear multiple hats, and like dogs. You can tell a great story, but also know the statistical significance of a 20% lift in click-through rates over 5000 impressions. You love educating others through writing and are ready to become the voice of our company. You are comfortable being uncomfortable and are always looking for ways to learn, grow, and excel.
Your ultimate goal: generate high-quality applications to Canada’s leading coding bootcamp through amazing, valuable and informative content. You will be responsible for building and executing our content and copy strategy as you navigate our many channels.
To start, you will be the voice of the Lighthouse Labs brand and your job will be to keep that voice in it’s friendly, transparent, quirky state. You’ll be creating, managing, and optimizing a rich content calendar that communicates Lighthouse Labs’ story in whichever way you find most compelling (blogs, infographics, video, etc.). You’ll grow and nurture our subscriber base and email lists by providing them regular, helpful content that’s in-tune with their needs. You’ll work with our team to put together compelling campaigns, and see them through from ideation to production to reporting. You will also be responsible for the copy and messaging we use across all our platforms and be responsible for any internal communications docs that help detail our big ideas to the rest of the company. We’re a startup - you’ll end up doing 100 different things in a week and be totally cool with that.
- Create a content strategy and make data-driven decisions to move our content forward and hit our ambitious goals.
- Oversee content budgets and reporting - utilize analytics to test and develop a data driven content performance program. Make ongoing recommendations to optimize the performance of our content.
- Develop and manage our content calendar.
- Produce amazing content - grow new leads through the creation of free resources to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (e.g. ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, etc.).
- Blog on an ongoing basis to attract site visitors through search, social, and email subscribers.
- Manage others who are involved in content production - whether it’s fellow marketing team members, an in-house copywriter, contracted writers, or crowd-sourced content across the company, manage the content production process from start to finish.
- Be the voice and tone of the company - develop guidelines for brand tone, voice and core messaging.
- Manage our social media accounts and content.
- Email marketing - grow and engage our subscriber base and email lists by providing regular and helpful content that’s in-tune with their needs.
- Support marketing campaigns, product launches, PR moments, sharing alumni stories, thought-leadership content, and industry-trend/how-to pieces.
- Optimize our website to best support goals through SEO and copywriting
- Internal communications - be the voice of the marketing team and support internal communications.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Great storytelling
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content
- 3 to 5 years marketing experience
- “Full-stack” marketing technology experience
- Experience with digital advertising platforms (AdWords, Facebook, other)
- Email marketing experience (MailChimp or equivalent)
- Social media management (Hootsuite, Buffer, etc)
- Analytics (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, KISSmetrics, etc)
- Experience managing a content calendar
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with moving parts
- Strong at project management
- Works well with a great team
- PR and media relations experience
- Website and SEO experience
- Video production
- Basic coding
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Content Marketing Manager” in the subject line. Please include your resume, why you are interested in the position and any writing samples that may apply to the position.