Lighthouse Labs started in 2013 with the vision of training the next generation of professional developers and transforming the way tech education is delivered. Five years later we have three main branches (Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal), satellite campuses in Victoria, and Calgary, have run various learn to code events across Canada and have graduated over 1500 students with a 96% employment rate. Phewf!
Our Toronto branch is currently looking for a dynamic, organized, self starter who is excited to join our team and have a direct impact on our continued growth. Our GM is the glue that holds all the branch’s moving parts and our people together, and ensures Lighthouse Labs stays a fantastic place to be as a student, staff member, partner or visitor. That means ensuring the branch is organized, efficient, well-staffed and on budget. You will also play the Principal/Dean role and work with the Education team on any student related decisions or concerns.
This is a great position for someone ready to take their initial management experience to the next level and looking for a rapid learning and growth opportunity. Reporting to the Director of Operations, also located in the Toronto office, there will be direct support along with autonomy and ownership from day one. We also have plans to offer courses in Ottawa in 2019 that the GM will oversee.
- Keeping an eye on the overall performance in Ontario
- Making sure students are having an exceptional experience, from the day they enter bootcamp, to the day they get a job
- Inspiring staff, keeping them motivated and doing their best work
- Accountable for all major KPIs in Toronto (and eventually Ottawa)
- Managing and executing branch operations strategy
- Monitoring spending across the branch on a monthly basis
- Preparing KPI reports on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Anticipating staffing needs and coordinating with HR (hiring & firing)
- Pursuing and nurturing partnerships and growth initiatives in line with the Lighthouse brand and mission
- Taking lead on and participating in additional projects as directed
Background & Experience:
- An understanding of and passion for Tech, Education, Bootcamp Education
- 2+ years experience managing small diverse teams
- 2+ years work experience in areas such as Management, Program Management, HR, Operations, Education (start-up experience is always a bonus!)
- Strong People Management Experience/ Skills (cross department management is a plus)
- Project Management with an emphasis on setting and monitoring KPIs for project outcomes
- Experience in managing budgets and projections
- Ability to identify, create and maintain strategic relationships and partnership opportunities
- Strong understanding of identifying, setting and monitoring KPIs for projects and initiatives
- A proven track record of outstanding customer/ client service is an asset
- Ability to inspire people the people you manage
- Leads by example
- Strong Problem Solving and Decision Making skills
- Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Ability to network and build relationships
- High emotional intelligence and proven ability to work with a variety of people
- High business acumen while successfully balancing the needs of people
- Ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects and competing priorities
- Public Speaking
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and a note about why you are interested in this opportunity to email@example.com.
Please indicate where you found out about this opportunity in your email! Due to volume, we will only be reaching out to candidates who will be contacted for an interview.